Tuesday, April 14, 2015

DNA, genealogy confernces

I really wanted to blog about my new experiences with my DNA results and what I have discovered through meeting" living cousins," but I ran out of time. So I will have to do it next time. You see I'm going to the NERGC conference in Providence, Rhode Island April 15-18. For more information use the following link:
http://www.nergc.org/E-zine_11_2015.pdf
I have been busier than usual as I went to the New England Family History Conference last Saturday April 11, 2015 held in Franklin, Massachusetts. This is a free genealogy conference put on by the  Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints which just celebrated 40 years of conferences this year. For further information please go to the following link: 
www.nefamilyhistory.com
D. Joshua Taylor was the Keynote Speaker this year, and was excellent as always. There were a few local people presenting-Sandra Goodwin, Seema Kenney, Michael Brophy, and Marjorie Turner Hollman to name a few.

I also was getting my tablet ready for use at the conference for the first time. It will be an experiment for me and hopefully a wonderful experience as I'm not taking my computer this year. I will let you know how this works out on a future blog. Wish me a lot of luck. Thanks for following me and I will be in touch soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment