Tuesday, May 26, 2015

George F. Howe, Minnie Miola Howe/ Emma Georgiana Howe, Susan Ellen Howe

The above is taken from my Legacy Family Tree genealogy software program. Hopefully it will help explain why I needed the records from the Ticonderoga Town clerk's office.
George Howe's first daughter Minnie Miola Howe with his first wife Emma Sartwell is my biological great-grandmother.
Emma Georgianna Howe, his 2nd child is my mom's (adopted mother) in my mom's words "real mother". I will write more about her another time.
Susan Ellen Howe, his 3rd child is the marriage and obituary from previous post (May 20) was the record I sent away for.

The records have arrived-
  1. was it worth the money
  2. will I be doing a genealogy happy dance or will it just be another bump in the road of this genealogist's hunt to track down the family history.
Yes I am jumping up and down right out of my shoes!

The following is the Transcription of the marriage record:
For genealogical purposes only
A certified transcript from the register of marriages in the town clerks of Ticonderoga county of Essex state of New York date of marriage 03-08-1900, husband Harry Hall, residence Ticonderoga, date of birth N/A, occupation laborer, husband's birthplace Ticonderoga, NY, father's name  Charles Hall, mother's maiden name Fanny Gorman, first marriage, wife Susan Ellen Howe, residence Ticonderoga, NY, date of birth N/A, birthplace Bridport, VT, father's name George Howe, mother's maiden name Ida Sartwell, first marriage, name of person and official position solomnizing marriage Orville Phillips, place of marriage Ticonderoga, NY, when registered  March 14, 1900 number 43.
This is the marriage record of the 3rd child of my great grandfather.

The following is the Transcription of the other marriage record I sent for:
For genealogical purposes only
A Certified Transcript from the Register of Marriages in the Town Clerks of Ticonderoga, NY, County of Essex, state of New York, date of marriage 11-24-1915Robert Anderson residence Ticonderoga NY, date of birth N/A, occupation Carpenter, husband's birthplace Peru NY, father's name Carrol Anderson, mother's maiden name Ruth Brooks, 1st marriage, wife name Clara Hall, residence Ticonderoga, NY, date of birth N/A, occupation housekeeping, wife's birthplace Ticonderoga, NY, father's name Harry Hall, mother's maiden name Susie Howe, first marriage, person and official position solomnizing marriage D. F. Blackmere, place of marriage Crown Point, NY, registered 11/24 /1915, number 339.

This is the marriage of Clara Hall, Harry and Susan Ellen's daughter which I will tie in when I write more about my mom's mother Emma Georgianna Howe the second child of George F Howe. One of the most important persons in the Howe genealogy family history story.










No comments:

Post a Comment